Had anxiety with smoke, have had panic attack. Was on supplement C4. No withdrawal symptoms after quitting. Treatment?

HI I recently quit smoking marijuana. while smoking I wasnt very anxious except with very rare occasional anxiety because I had a panic attack once while high and unaware of the symptoms I thought I was Ill. I had a panic attack while high and working out so I decided to quit smoking. I was also on a preworkout supplement called C4. Its been 5 days since I've smoked and I've been feeling alot of anxiety and some seperation issues with my mother. I really need help I cant find answers anywhere. I just wanna know if this anxiety will go away. I've read about anxiety coming from withdrawals but the first time I quit i didnt feel so anxious/ depressed/ loss of appetite. my mother takes 100mg of zoloft and she used to have anxiety problems but i used to never have them until i smoked for about 2 years. I am just wondering if my brain will adapt back to normal or do I need to seek out medicine. I really dont want to get addicted to another drug but please help I am in desperate need I am 18 years old and I used to lift weights and now I hardly have motivation to do anything and I'm wondering will this pass please help
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

Your anxiety might be due to Marijuana induced anxiety disorders.

As your mother is also having anxiety disorder, you are at increased risk of having anxiety because of genetic factors.

Brain usually adapt back to normal after certain period of non-intake of Marijuana.

You need to have proper deaddiction management and treatment of depression/Anxiety with help of anti depressant drugs. For that, you should consult deaddiction specialist/psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management.

I hope you will come out clean from marijuana addiction and depression.
I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel Free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Follow-up: Had anxiety with smoke, have had panic attack. Was on supplement C4. No withdrawal symptoms after quitting. Treatment? 1 hour later
I don't know of any doctors but for the most part I don't want to do another drug to help quit a drug.i havent been sleeping all that well either or eating and for the most part I sometimes feel better just a bit tired and a little restless. Is it possible for marijuana to cause a temporary anxiety? I started having a bit of attacks while high but not alot only when I got high and started to think negatively but for the most part last week I was functional smoking marijuana as now I have completely changed and my anxiety became a problem for me. Is it possible that marijuana some how reset my normal anxiety levels and my brain just needs to adapt to being sober? I quit cold XXXXXXX and i dont have any cravings for marijuana its just the occasional symptoms but it seems to have been slowly improving im just a bit emotional at times and have some anxiety. Is there anything I can do to help speed the process of this? the first time I quit Ididn't have as much problems but I also scared myself for a bit because I was concerned about my lung health which brought on a few of the panic attacks but the anxiety I wouldn't really have except for maybe one time. is there anything Ican do to maybe speed the process? How long do you think it will take before my brain functions normally? Have you ever had any patients with this same problem who ended their anxiety? I just don't want to take medication because I feel some might not do me so good and I really don't want to be permanently addicted to an anxiety drug if the symptoms will eventually ease.
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 6 hours later
Thanks for reverting me with your concern.

Marijuana induced and/or wifhdrwal anxiety is very common among drug users.

If they stop taking marijuana, they usually become symptom-free within 2-3 months of last intake but in some cases it may last longer.

Drugs given for anxiety or depression are not always addictive if taken under proper direction prescribed by psychiatrist.

I have lot many patients of marijuana induced/withdrawal anxiety disorders. Many of them are marijuana free and also anti-anxiety drugs free as well.

If you do not want to take drugs, your doctor may advise you to go for psychotherapy / counselling sessions. It also helps in reducing anxiety and also increases motivation to remain clean form marijuana.

You can do breathing exercise, yoga, meditation to have speedy recovery from anxiety.

To know about psychiatrist/ counsellor in your nearby, you can consult your general practitioner who will guide you.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

I hope you will be free from anxiety and marijuana soon.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

If you do not have query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.