Had anxiety attacks, increased heart beats. Is this normal for my anxiety?

hi iam 22 years old i had anxiety attacks, and my heart get so faster, this is XXXXXXX for myheart .this is normal for my anxiety..
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
“Your heart going faster” is called tachycardia and is due to your anxiety. This is not XXXXXXX for your heart but long term anxiety needs to be addressed.
Symptoms of anxiety could include palpitations, fatigue, nausea, pallor, sweating, trembling, chest pain, shortness of breath, stomach aches, or headaches.
This is a normal reaction to stress and as the body prepares to deal with a threat, blood pressure, heart rate, perspiration, blood flow to the major muscle groups are increased.
To help control your anxiety, I would suggest the following:
-Stop or reduce your consumption of products that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola and chocolate.
-Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any over-the-counter medicines or herbal remedies. Many contain chemicals that can increase anxiety symptoms.
-Exercise daily and eat a healthy, balanced diet.
-Seek counselling to get to the cause of your anxiety attacks.
-Practice stress management techniques like yoga or meditation
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be happy to help you with any other concerns that you might have.