Had antibiotics for flu infection which infected lungs and has muscle and joint pain. How to get relief?

my wife had a course of anti-biotics for a flu infection that seemed to infect her lungs.
Now she has sore muscles and joints. Could the anti-biotics have caused that? what could give her relief?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Flu infection is more likely cause of her symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Going by the information that you have provided, it is likely that the antibiotics could have caused the sore muscles and joints.

However, in my view, more than the antibiotics causing this, it seems more likely a sequel to the flu infection as such.

I mean to say, I would attribute the sore muscles and joints more to the flu infection rather than the antibiotic course.

For symptomatic relief, you can give your wife Panadol or Tylenol as and when required.

In addition, please do give her plenty of fluids to drink orally. She must be fine soon.

I wish her speedy recovery.