Had antibiotic for serious ear infection.Now low back pain, pain in organs around hip, found a blister. Ideas ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I'm Female. 32 years old, overweight, but work on a farm and previously very strong. In november, treated a serious ear infection with antibiotics. I have had lower back muscle pain and pain in my organs around my hips for six weeks. I originally thought it was a urinary track infection, took a round of bactrim, no improvement. Test came back no uti. I can go about life til about four pm, then spend the rest of the time in bed. I am missing out on so much life, but I kept thinking if I rest it will go away. Sleeping 10, 12 hrs. Feel like when i had mono, but no sore throat. No cold symptoms.Went to the er, they found nothing wrong...thyroid ok, no elevated white blood cells, no probe in pelvic exam, no disease where your body attacks your own muscles. No anemia. Regular bowel movements. Regular periods. Omnivorous diet, too much sugar and white flour like all Americans. Don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Not pregnant. Tonight I found a blister on my hip the size of a XXXXXXX What the heck?! Ideas?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
There are three possibilities

1. Get your blood sugars checked to rule out diabetes.
2. Assuming you have taken higher antibiotics for your ear infection, it may have affected the intestinal flora which produces a number of vitamins.
3. Degenerative changes in the musculoskeletal system due to overweight.

I would suggest you to start probiotic foods and multivitamin in high doses along with your routine exercises. There is no indication for any specific treatment.