Had ankle tendons surgery via cadaver replacement done. Found lump behind knee. Worrisome

General Surgeon
hello I had two ankle tendons surgery done via cadaver replacement done three weeks ago no weight barring on the leg for three weeks I have done good but feel like hell. Just an hour ago I found a hard lump behnd the knee on the same leg right leg it hurts and I am worried doctor has left for the weekend?
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

The most common reason of such lump under the knee is Bakers cyst. This cyst appears due to connection between the knee joint and the space behind the knee. This is not a malignant condition so you do not need to worry about it. As your doctor said, you can wait with it till your next visit. The treatment of it is simple surgery.
The symptoms you should be aware of are leg swelling, strong pain of the calf, fever. If such symptoms appear, you should visit your doctor right away. Otherwise, you can wait.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.