Had anal sex, condom broke. Worry?

I had anal sex with a man and the condom broke, I'm very worried
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

It is good that you are practicing safe sex and it is unfortunate what happened.
You have been definitely exposed to sexually transmitting disease more so because if was through the anal route so you will have to go to the physician as soon as possible.

You will have to undergo tests for STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) including HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea.
HIV test may be negative now since you may be still in your window period so you will have to repeat it again after 12 weeks for confirmation.

In the mean time please do the following

1. Continue safe sex methods, double condom is ideal
2. Your partner also must be brought along for review with the doctor
3. Avoid multiple sexual partners
4. Ask for post exposure prophylaxis
5. Get yourself vaccinated for hepatitis B if not already done

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you all the best.