Had anal sex. Started itching and leaking poo. What is going on?

Jan 2013

Hi, I've had a itchy anus for quite some time now and recently after I go to the toilet some left over poo will leak a little out of my anas even after I wipe and sometimes will continue throughout the day. It also tends to itch more after intercourse.I have also had anal sex, the itching started before I started having it and the leaking of poo came after.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 43 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of pin worm infestation (Enterobius Vermicularis), candida albicans infection (also called as Thrush) and eczematous dermatitis.
Pin worm generally comes outside the anus to lay its egg around anal skin and may cause severe itching.
Itching precipitation after anal sex and intercourse could be due to fungal infection.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ dermatologist and should go for thorough local check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, stool routine microscopy for parasite ova examination and KOH mount preparation of skin scrapings.
You should wear soft cotton undergarments and avoid excessive sweating.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should take Albendazole 400 mg, and apply cold cream around anal skin.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava