Had anal sex. Getting ARS symptoms. Tested clear for STD. Worrisome

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had anal sex with a ts escort exactly 50 days ago. I was on the bottom and the escort wore a condom but i bled because it was my first time. I didnt see if the condom broke or not and Im not sure on HIV status. I have been extremely tired and obsessing over my status. I have many ARS symptoms but I tested negative on the oraquick home oral seab at 5 weeks and today 7 weeks 1 day. I also tested negative on a blood test from planned parenthood at 5 weeks clearing me on all std's. Both tests say I need to wait 90 days. Im married with kids and very worried about losing everything. Ive learned from this experience and hope it doesnt cost me my life. Please help
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 54 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
ARS symptoms are nonspecific symptoms which can be found in any respiratory infection, flu, streptococal infection etc. But despite this you should rule out HIV infection. Bad news are that receptive anal sex is the most risky for transmission, but this risk is less than 0.5% per exposure(without condoms). Bleeding that you ve noticed increase possiblity of transmission.
If your tests are negative I wouldnt be concerned.As I said risk is minor and you used protection. 2 months after exposure do Western blot tests and you can be sure after this.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help