Had an painful outbreak of HSV2 on inner buttocks. How can I get rid of the skin discolouration?

May 2013
I recently had an painful outbreak on my inner buttocks area; the dr diagnosed me with HSV2.. I've taken the anti viral drugs and everything seems to have healed, but I'm left with scarring on my buttocks as a result. How can I get rid of the skin discoloration? The area looks light pink..
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

For these type of discolorations, ointments containing alovera and vitamin E will work.
If the discoloration is more anti-melanin ointments are preferable.
Better to consult dermatologist once and get examined to find out the nature and extent of the rash and take treatment accordingly.
She can prescribe locally available brands.
Don't scratch over the area, which can further aggravate the discoloration.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.