Had an irritation and swelling at the back of vagina. Not haemorrhoids. What could it be?

Hi, I had an irritation at the back of my vagina yesterday and this morning it is very is not hemorrhoids as it is not by my anus. It is about the size of a grape. I have just driven up to Queensland from Sydney and wondered of the long drive has irritated something??
i think the part that is swollen is called the fourette
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 36 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. Most likely, the ovoid, grape sized inflammation corresponds to an inflammed Bartholin cyst, which is a cyst that forms from an obstruction of a normal gland in the vulva; many times, they are quite uncomfortable and require excision as they can become infected, thus, I would recommend you to visit your primary provider or a gynecologist for a pelvic examination and determine if such an intervention required.

Truly yours,

Dr Brenes Salazar MD'
Mayo Clinic MN