Had an involuntary movement of thumb towards little finger on hand. What could be the cause?

The day before yesterday I had an involuntary movement of my left thumb towards my little finger on my left hand, what could be the cause?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 20 minutes later

Considering your age and other risk factors, the following possibilities may be the reason:
-Hypocalcemia or hypomagnesemia causing spasms
-Transient ischemic attack
-Cramping or twitching due to fatigue.

I hope you are better now. Resolution of symptoms is a positive sign. You can consider investigation with your doctor, if you are concerned or if symptoms recur again.

Hope this solves your query. You can write back to me for more queries if any.