Had an inflamed hard lump on leg. On an antibiotic with no results, anti-inflammatory cream decreased inflammation. Cure?

General Surgeon
For three months I've had an inflamed hard lump on lower leg near XXXXXXX bone. The inflammation has subsided somewhat but the lump remains to be the same size. My family doctor put me on an antibiotic with no results; sent me to a dermatologist who prescribed an anti-inflammatory cream which decreased the inflammation somewhat. The lump is not painful unless touched.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
As per your query,you are having a lump since 3 months.
It could be infected sebaceous cyst.Your inflammation has subsided,but the swelling has not.
I request you to get the swelling excised.
It is better not to use anti inflammatory cream over it.
Please consult a surgeon and get the swelling removed.
Wish you good health