Had an heart attack. Now heart function is low. Should I go for angioplasty?

my uncle had an atttack 2 months ago. we dint go for angeo... 45% heart functions. is it ok??
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gopi A 19 hours later

Heart attacks are caused due to blocks in the coronary arteries. So after a heart attack it is always a good idea to get an angio done cause it helps us to understand the extent of the disease and thus help in risk stratification of the patient. As your uncle is already 70 yrs there is a high probability that he may have additional blocks.

45% heart function by itself is not bad; he should be able to do most of his activities provided he does not sustain any further damage to his heart.

In case you need any further clarification please get back to me.

With regards

Dr. A. Gopi