Had an emergency appendectomy. CAT showed growth in mesentery. Is it lymphoma? Need a biopsy?

Hi. I had an emergency appendectomy, using a CAT scan for diagnosis. The CAT scan showed a 6 cm growth in my mesentery. Follow-up tests included a SPECT-CT, and an OctreoScan to test for NeuroEndicrine Tumors. I also had another CT with Barium and contrast. All those tests revealed...Nothing. Now the surgeon wants to do a needle biopsy. He "hopes" it is a lymphoma. I hoped he meant LIPOMA, but I asked for clarity; He said LYMPHOMA. This sounds bad, unless he thinks I have Castleman's disease (my web research for "benign lymphomas" directed me to Castleman's disease.). I have NO symptoms, NO pain, NOTHING that would make me think I was sick. THANKS!
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 13 hours later

I would like to know few more things, as it will help me in suggesting you better. Please do not mind to answer the following :

You said you had an appendicectomy, what is the pathology report on that?

During surgery, did they find anything in the mesentery?

When was the CAT scan done? I would like to go through the report of it.

You have mentioned that the CAT scan showed growth in mesentery but the CT with contrast revealed nothing (both are basically same, only the contrast is extra).
Where was the growth (6 cm) located exactly?

It would be good for me if you could upload these reports to my attention. You have a feature to upload your report yourself on the right side of query page. Kindly utilize that. Also provide the proper chain of events, so that I can guide you properly on this.

Awaiting your reply.