Had an Ingrown Toenail surgery. Now told to have MRSA. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I had an Ingrown Toenail surgery last October 2012. I was at my doctors today and she said that I have MRSA in my Nail again!
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
After a toe nail surgery, infections can happen as the ingrowing toe nail is already an infected area. MRSA is a common infection in the area and is a difficult one to treat. You need systemic antibiotics according to the culture sensitivity report for the surgical site to heal properly.
Do get the proper antibiotics prescribed from your doctor and go for a regular follow up.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.