Had an IUI. Missing periods, brown spots started. Home pregnancy test negative. Can I still be pregnant?

I had an IUI on 22nd July. I was hoping to be pregnant as the due date of my period was 6th August. And i had brown spots on about 11th August. I was thinking of visiting doctor for test, then on 13th I bled, just 1 day and then brown spotting and dry. I did the home pregnancy test on same day. It was negative. Do I still need to take test again? Can I be pregnant still?
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Since you had your periods late and the bleeding was lesser than usual, pregnancy is a possibility. Just to be very sure, you can repeat the test with a morning sample of urine and if it comes negative then pregnancy is ruled out.
There are chances of a single urine test to be false negative.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had an IUI. Missing periods, brown spots started. Home pregnancy test negative. Can I still be pregnant? 1 hour later
Thanks for your early response
I forgot to mention that I was on Duphaston till Aug 1st.

Also Can I look for any symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Taking duphaston till 1st August is not likely to cause the bleeding you had. The symptoms of pregnancy are not confirmatory. The best way to confirm is the urine test only.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.