Had an ECG because of experiencing heart palpitations, sinus rhythm, hypothyroid. Why is ECG abnormal?

Had an ECG because I have been experiencing heart palpitations and am at times very aware of my heartbeat. The ECG report says Sinus rhythm, moderate right precordial repolarisation disturbance, consider feminine patter negative T in V2 V3 - non specific T wave Abnormality. Cannot R/O prior inferior infarct. What does this mean, what should happen next? I have been hypothyroid for 11 years but a recent blood test showed that I am currently Hypothroid again and my dose has been uped from 162mcg to 175mcg. Could my current hypothyroid state be causing this ECG Abnormality? I have a requisition for a holter monitor, but I am wondering if there is anything I should be doing to advocate for my health. I am very frightened by all of this and need answers so as to not be terrified.
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
I am a cardiologist and read your mail with diligence.
In Healthcare Magic there is provision of uploading the investigation.
I am happy that you have started worrying about health of your heart so in the end of this mail, I am providing you a list factors which can lead to heart disease. Your doctor after doing thorough examination and certain investigations (as high cholesterol is associated with hypothyroidism) can complete the list.

Coming back to EKG no these changes are not due to hypothyroidism. These can be normal variant. An additional test, I am sure your doctor will agree, Treadmill Test needs to be done if that is normal we can be absolutely sure that this EKG is normal variant. There is cause for concern in your whole medical history but not of panic at least on the account of EKG.

As advised by your doctor continue treatment of hypothyroidism to keep you with normal thyroid functions.

Coming to coronary artery disease risk factors
Non Modifiable Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Disease:
Family History
Increasing Age
Being a man till the age of 45 (Protection to women till the age of 45)
Increased bad cholesterol or lipid component(s): Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides
LDL, Lipoprotein a, Apoprotein B
Decreased Good Cholesterol or lipid component(s):HDL and Apoliporotein a
Obesity and lack of exercise
Folic Acid deficiency in elderly

If these are taken of with drug, diet and exercise your chances of developing heart disease are minimized.

If there is any further question, I will be happy to answer.

Good Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW