Had amputated percussion breaks in spine. Dealing with chronic pain. Taking oxicontin

i have been dealing with chronic pain ever since i fell 150 and had left foot amputaed percussion breaks in spine practically skinned alive they removed my right back muscle had triple artheoscopic surgery on right ankle due to heel shattering call it what ever you choose ive been plated so kids could all laugh behind there thought patterns will chef whoever sliced and diced been taking 60milligrams of oxicontin 2 times a day with 1 7.5 milligram a day pain has gotten worse family doctor used to perscribe me these and because my pain has worsend i went to another doctor same crap thats just the physical part mental ive tried some valium and zanax help somewhat maybe just a stronger dose of them but like earlier youll only give info and not refer me to someone who can up my milligramz
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can talk to neurologist to increase dose...

Detailed Answer:

I have run through your problems, and I am sorry to hear that you are in such bad situation.

Although it seems like a "no-solution" situation, please understand that such solution exists. I am not talking about the higher doses of oxycontin.

If you want to have higher doses, can consult a neurologist. However, I would say that there is a risk for dependency, and that can make things worst for your body. Not any one can give you higher doses. Only specified specialists can do it like a Neurologist. If not you should do a doctor shopping in your area who prescribes them.

As long as your neurologist would advise to take oxycontin in such high doses, you can take it.

I'd suggest to think positive and wider. Relieving pain is one thing in your life; identifying the cause and treating that particular cause is the most important thing, which can give a lifetime remedy.

Please try to work with yourself. This is very important. I understand you are going through a difficult time; but, pain will be over soon, especially if you say and believe to get it over.

Living a healthy life, eating healthy foods, some little to moderate physical exercises and breathing fresh air can also help you.

I can suggest to get an appointment with a neurologist and discuss what I've suggested earlier with him/her and get helped.

I am sure your pain will be over, and you will get better soon because you are strong, but need more determination.

All the best!

P.s. If you have any other concern, please write back to me!