Had altitude sickness and dizzy. Tightness in chest, jaw pain and slightly hyperthyroid. Is this normal?

last week i visited colorado. In Denver I was fine, but as we climbed to about 8,500 feet I had classic altitude sickness (lightheaded, trouble sleeping, and a little dizzy. All of my friends did as well, but I also had some chest tightness and even thought at one point jaw pain. My cholesterol has always been terrific. I am slightly hyperthyroid due to medication I take after thyroid cancer. Should I have this checked out with my doctor, or was this normal for some people? The chest tightness was gone the next day as were most of the other symptoms.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal, you don't need any more doctors visits!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and tank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear you got mountain sickness on your trip to 8500ft. That's was an interesting experience. Hope you very much enjoyed it.

Your symptoms are classic and they have subsided. Monitoring for recurrence in future that may warrant a doctor's visit is the only next best available option. Worry not. stay calm and you need no further doctor's visit.

Why are you slightly hyperthyroid though on medications? Please, talk to your doctor and get the dosage revised to fit your exact needs. There is no point in taking excess medications that you don't really need. You may further reduce synthroid to even 0.5mg. Talk with your doctor.

I wish you well.
Hope you enjoy our services and consider using them again in future. Feel free to ask me further clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ditah, MD