Had allergic reaction to tetanus shot. Developed red rash, spreading. Prescribed prednisone, still spotty

i had an allergic reaction to a tetanus shot. The rash was really red and spread to most of my body. I got prescribed 3 days of prednisone and even got a steroid shot when it didnt yet clear up. It looked to be clearing up...but now i seem to be spotty still. This started almost two weeks it normal for me to be spotty before it fully heals? or should i seek out a dermatologist?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 11 hours later
Hello Justben,

You have not mentioned when did you take the tetanus shot? Are you allergic to any thing else which you may have noticed?

Seeing the pictures uploaded by you i am of the opinion that the rash(spots) should go away in due course of time. You may use a cream containing topical steroids and take an antihistaminic like cetrizen. If the rash still persists after a reasonable period of time say after a week or two, i suggest you consult a dermatologist.