Had allergic reaction to Bactrium. Started with headache, lethargic, itching and hands trembling. Took benadryl. Suggest?

Dec 2012

I had a allergic reaction to Bactrium. Started with a bad headache , very lethargic, itching, and my hands trembling. I went to er and got a Benadryl shot but the doctor seemed surprised I was trembling so much. I also take this normal.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I think you will just be fine. You are simply just hyperreacting to the allergic reaction. Just try to stay calm and worry less. If within the next couple of days, you still have same tremors, you will have to consult with a specialist (neurologist) who will take a closer look at this. Benadryl is an antihistamine, that can be effective in situations of allergy.

Hope this was helpful and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah