Had all upper teeth pulled. Stopped coumadin. Should I start again?

i had all my upper teeth pulled friday and stopped my coumadin it is saturday now should i start taking it again
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YES, start.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think you should start back the Warfarin. You need to go back on the drug in order to prevent any risk of thromboembolic events.

You however need to notify your dentist if need be, of any unusual events like bleeding, clots, limb swelling that you might experience.

For now, no worries, its reasonable and medically valid to go back on Warfarin.

Kind regards,

Bain LE,MD