Had aged placenta in the earlier pregnancies. What can be done to prevent recurrence?

This is my 4th pregnancy. 1st 38 weeks with aged placenta, 2nd 36 weeks with aged placenta, 3rd 34 weeks with aged placenta. Is there anything I can do to prevent this on my 4 pregnancy? I am know 41 and my past pregnancy I was 39.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 minutes later

Present evidence based medicine states that placenta does not undergo a true aging change during pregnancy. There is, in fact, no logical reason for believing that the placenta, which is a fetal organ, should age while the other fetal organs do not: the situation in which an individual organ ages within an organism that is not aged is one which does not occur in any biological system.

Placenta aging should not be confused with Placental Insufficiency, which is because of high resistance flow in placenta, which in turn leads to fetal growth restriction.

I will be very happy to help you in depth if you give me your previous obstetric history in detail.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile