Had acute bronchitis, acute sinusitis and wheezing. Took antibiotic, using inhaler. Feeling fatigue. Prognosis?

I had acute broncitus and acute sinusitus and wheezing. I have finished 10 day antibiotics and still using inhaler. I am very fatigued. How long is typical for this weakness to last? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

An episode of acute bronchitis can last between 2 to 6 weeks. The exact time would vary from person to person.
The illness itself and particularly the coughing aspect can result in the fatigue that you are experiencing.
Even after the acute illness resolves it is possible to still feel slightly lethargic 1 to 2 weeks after.

In addition to the inhalor, you can consider the use of a mucolytic if the cough is wet in nature. By decreasing the viscosity of the secretions, it would cause the illness to resolve faster.
A cough suppressant would be helpful if the cough is persistent.

You may want to consider starting a vitamin and mineral supplement if you are not already on one already.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions