Had active pulmonary tuberculosis. Report says irregular fibrotic opacities and ectasia of adjacent bronchi. Relapsed with TB?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hi I had active pulmonary tuberculosis last year. It was diagnosed in April 2012... Two days back I got my CT Scan done. The report says there are irregular fibrotic opacities and ectasia of adjacent bronchi involving the enterior and posterior segments of the right upper lobe with few subtle fibronodular opacities noted in left upper lobe. Does this mean I have relapsed with TB
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it does not indicate active disease.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem once a person suffers from Tuberculosis such findings are not rare to occur . These are fibrotic or fibronodular opacities thus indicate healed lesions .

Presence of cavities might have lead to thinking of active disease . As if now there is nothing to worry .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had active pulmonary tuberculosis. Report says irregular fibrotic opacities and ectasia of adjacent bronchi. Relapsed with TB? 23 minutes later
Thanx a lot for ur answer.
Actually ma'am I am a diver....my lungs have to undergo pressure when I dive....how XXXXXXX are these fibrous growths for lungs baratroma to occur???

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PFT

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Kindly get a pulmonary function test so that exact status of lung function can be evaluated and the compliance of lung will then be estimated and risk of barotrauma predicted .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had active pulmonary tuberculosis. Report says irregular fibrotic opacities and ectasia of adjacent bronchi. Relapsed with TB? 37 hours later
Hello doctor....thank u so much.
Doctor does irregular fibrotic opacities mean that I still have a cavity in my lungs???

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Irregular fibrotic opacities mean that they are healed lesions that does not mean that you have cavities.

Dr. Shruti