Had accident and face injured. Scars getting bigger, blood clot in eye. CT scan showed normal. Concerned

hello! I had a accident in escalator and my face was injured. had some scars and marks but they are getting better... but my left eyes which was injured as well is still red... there is blood clot still exist.
would you please refer me any medicine to get rid of it please.

I had all checked up in hospital and even did ct scan as well. but doctors said everything is normal so just need to take rest.

it's been 6 days so I'm worried about my eye.. there is no pain or anything in eye but looking bad.

Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bimal Desai 16 minutes later

Thanks for query.

You seem to have subconjuctival hemorrhage of left eye due to escalator injury. This is a blood clot behind conjuctiva of eye and as conjuctiva is transparent you are able to see the blood clot.

This kind of hemorrhage takes 2-3 weeks to resolve completely. And as it is present behind the conjuctiva it is not possible to remove it.

I understand you are looking for some medications to remove this clot, but I would like to tell you that no medicine will work for such condition as it is dead blood. Sometimes we prescribe seratiopeptidase tablet to take care of surrounding oedema if any.

As your CT scan shows normal results, there is nothing to worry. The blood clot you see will disappear without any XXXXXXX in the eye in the next 2-3 weeks, sometimes even earlier. So do not try anything.

Some suggestions to you are:
- Don't wash your eye vigorously.
- Wear goggles to protect from sunlight.
- If you have any visual abnormality then consult your doctor.

Hope this is useful. If you have any query you should feel free to ask me.