Had accident. Had bruised and lump on breast. Is this cancer?

On XXXXXXX 11th 2012 I was in a car accident. My airbag deployed. I bruised on my right breast. The bruise is going away but tonight i found a lump where I had brusing. Is this cancer?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I would like to clarify at the outset that all lumps in the breasts are certainly not of cancer origin. However any lump in the breast is definitely a cause for concern. I would like to know a little more history in order to come a conclusion

1. What is your age?
2. Any history of breast cancer in the family?
3. How bad was the bruise when you had the accident? Was the area swollen, tender and red in color?
4. Is the lump hard or soft in consistency? Is it tender to touch?

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you good health