Had abortion three times. All tests normal. Advised to got for Hysteroscopy and Polypectony test. Guide?

Mar 2016

we have bad luck with our pregnancies three times abortion and one time succeeded how ever bady died on 10th day. we have gone through many different tests including genetics and all are normal did not find any evidence for our repeated abortions and one of the leading hospital doctor advice to go for Hysteroscopy and Polypectony test. so please advice us do we need to go for any other alternative one and how to proceed for our next pregnancy.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am so sad for your recurrent pregnancy loss.

I have gone through your detailed history and investigations. All reports are within normal range except endometrial polyp & adenomyosis (as per ultrasound report). It may hamper implantation and development of growing fetus in early weeks of pregnancy. But, there is no specific reason for missing heartbeat.

From my point of view, I suggest to undergo hysteroscopy and polypectomy to treat the present condition before planning of next pregnancy. It will exclude possible cause of miscarriage.

Next thing, I advise to take Vitamin-E and folic acid supplements for at least 3 months in pre and post conception period. In addition, micronised progesterone is also required after successful conception up to 16 weeks to prevent miscarriage and support pregnancy. You can consult with your treating doctor regarding this and undergo periodic check up for assessment of fetal well being.

Take healthy protein XXXXXXX diet, drink more water/ juice to stay hydrated and for better systemic circulation, avoid stress/ depression by meditation or yoga, do light exercise regularly, maintain genital hygiene, take adequate sound sleep and always hope for positive thing.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me in follow up section.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen