Had abortion and haven't had sex for long due to bleeding. Recent intercourse was painful and lips swollen

Question
Hi I had an abortion Back in 8/16 And havent had sex because I was still bleeding but it stop for a week and last night I had sex and it was sooo painful and my lips got soo swollen and woke up this morning better but just scared if this is what's going to happen everytime I have intercourse?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trauma can lead to such a picture.

Detailed Answer:

The cause of the pain and the discomfort is most likely due to trauma during intercourse. Also, after a delivery or abortion, the soft parts of the genitalia are so sensitive and get traumatized easily and should be handled with care. This gets lessened after some time and as such there is no need fear about such incident every time. Please maintain genital hygiene. Use nutritional supplements, good diet and adequate rest to allow yourself to recover.

If you are afraid to handle the sexual contact, you can try abstinence for sometime until you heal well.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.