Had abortion. Conceived again. Torch test done. Is there any complication?

Question
Four months back, I was advised to abort my child(9 weeks pregnancy ,baby's heartbeat was stopped) and did that.
two days back i conceived again and went to doctor and she advised for a Torch Panel test I had a TORCH test done, which
indicated ANITBODY TO RUBELLA (IgG) 18.01 U/ML
ANTIBODY TO CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (IgM)-(value-0.24 negative
ANTIBODY TO CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (IgG)- (value - 53.8 U/ml Positive).
The other parameters were negative. I went and shown th ereports to doctor ,she advised us to take TORCH FREE CAPSULES for 1 month and said let us hope for the best,which worried us a lot
I would like to ask you whether any issues with pregnancy and what precautions we need to take to give birth to a healthy baby. Thanking u

Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Ig M antibody suggests active and recent infection.
Ig G antibody suggests previous infection or immunity.

Since cytomegalovirus Ig M is negative, you do not have active infection and your baby will not be affected. Nothing to worry.

I recommend you to:
1. Continue folic acid tablets
2. Get a detailed anomaly scan at 20 weeks.
3. Have balanced diet XXXXXXX in iron and calcium.
4. Moderate exercise.
5. Be tension free and enjoy your pregnancy.

Hope this helps. You can write to me anytime for further clarifications.

Regards and take care,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Had abortion. Conceived again. Torch test done. Is there any complication? 37 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for the info and Doctor i would like to know, along with Folic acid tabs do i need to take the TORCH FREE Caps which my doctor asked me to take . My Doctor asked me to take Folic acid tabs and TORCH FREE CAPS for
for a period of 1 month ,and doctor what is the Anomaly scan? Appreciate ur help

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

I appreciate your quick response.

Yes, You need to take both folic acid and TORCH FREE capsules for one month.

Anomaly scan is an ultrasound done routinely on all pregnant women to make sure baby is growing well.

Hope i have answered both your queries.

Take care,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Had abortion. Conceived again. Torch test done. Is there any complication? 1 hour later
That's great Doctor thank you and i have few queries.
1. My weight is 91 kgs is that A concerned?
2. what diet should i take for breakfast n lunch n dinner and what juices can i have, can i add salt to my food which i take?
3. can i take ECOSPRIN 75 MG TABLET along with FOLIC AND TORCH FREE CAPS?
4. MY DOCTOR SUGGESTED TO HAVE A ULTRA SOUND SCAN ON 20 FEB 2013 (LAST MENSES PERIOD IS 31 DECEMBER 2012) IS THAT FINE AND IS THIS SAME AS WHAT U SAID ANOMALY SCAN ?
Awaiting for ur reply and thank you very much and appreciate ur time and answers.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 54 minutes later

Let me answer you one by one.
1. It is better if you reduce your weight to decrease chances complications of pregnancy like gestational diabetes and hypertension.
2.Dietary restriction is not advised in pregnancy. Take low carbohydrate breakfast made of wheat for breakfast. Include XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and lot of salad for lunch and dinner. Avoid fried food and sweets.
Among fruits you can have XXXXXXX and orange.
Keep salt to minimum. Avoid papad and pickle.
3.You can take ecosporin tablets with folic acid.
4.Ultrasound at 20 weeks is same as anomaly scan which i mentioned.

Hope i have answered all your queries.
You can ask me direct questions at my link below:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Regards and take care,
Dr Nilofer