Had ablation. Bleeding after sex. Have not stopped spotting. How long will it last?

have not stopped spotting y life is still upside down. What are my choices or how long will this last.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
The mild spotting and intermittent bleeding after an ablation procedure may extend for 6-8 weeks sometimes.
This spotting gradually diminishes, turns brown and then slowly vanishes. Aggressive intercourse can cause an intermittent heavy bleeding. You should avoid such episodes.
In case the bleeding is bothering you then you can get some hemostatic agents prescribed like tranexaemic acid. Hormonal treatment may be needed in severe cases. You can discuss these options with your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had ablation. Bleeding after sex. Have not stopped spotting. How long will it last? 6 minutes later
I am seriously thinking that a hysterectomy may be an option as my lifestyle has been like this since February when I first needed a D&C. Hormone therapy is not an option as I suffer migraines and cannot take the pill. Will a hysterectomy at this point be an option?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If the bleeding is heavy and irregular and is interfering with your daily routine then hysterectomy should be considered.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.