Had abdominal pain, back pain, weight loss and fatigue. Blood test, liver function test and ultrasound normal. Vaccinated for HEP B. Guide?

Hi doctor. I have had upper right ab pain,back pain on and off,weight loss,headache every day for 10 months. Been to the doctor and had full blood count, liver function tests ultra sound,gastroscope,all normal now I find out my ex girl friend has hep b. i was vaccinated for this but appear to be a non responder with a count of 4. My hep b test came back neg for antigen and total core antibodys. What do you think I should do from here?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 15 hours later
Likely you have dyspepsia (non ulcer types) , chronic abdominal pain type.
Need not worry, unlikely you may have hepatitis B if your antigen test is negative, worthwhile getting it rechecked after 3 months if you have had an resent exposure to same. Also can get yourself repeat vaccinated for it to get your antibody titers right.
De stress yourself, adopt healthy eating and sleeping habits, exercise regularly these will help to reduce your symptoms, but if you still have symptoms visiting you gastroenterologist will help.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Had abdominal pain, back pain, weight loss and fatigue. Blood test, liver function test and ultrasound normal. Vaccinated for HEP B. Guide? 54 minutes later
Hi doctor thanks for the reply. My pain is not sharp just dull but always there. Plus would what you describe give you a headache for such a long time? Last thing what test would I need to get to find out about what you describe?
Is there such a thing as having hep b and never showing it on a test?
In New Zealand you cannot get a pcr unless you are positive.

Thanks doctor.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 21 hours later
Sorry for the delay in answering.
Well dyspepsia is commonly associated with stress related other symptoms like tension headache, backache, chronic fatigue etc.
There is not test to diagnose what we have discussed, it your discussion with the doctor help him in diagnosing it with your history, examination and investigations.
Yes it can happen but very rarely that patients have hepatitis B but test is negative, usually in people with low immunity or early stage of infection.
Do not worry get yourself retested after 3 months.
Hope this answers your query.
Best wishes.