Had a viral eye infection, corneal abrasions. Having dull headache with pain

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I had a viral eye infection 5 weeks ago due to wich i have corneal abrasions...the eyedoctor said that my infection has gone but the abrasion will take time ...mean while for the padt two weeks i am having dull headache and whenever i touch either side of the tempkes or eyebrows i feel presure pain..i am also facing some neck discomforts for the past two weeks ..please help me
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My reply is below

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ms XXXX,

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious neurological illness and therefore, there is no need to worry.

As of now, you can take analgesics such as etoricoxib for relief of pain. If the pain and sensitivity to touch persists, then, pregabalin capsules would be useful.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) CMC Vellore XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad

Follow-up: Had a viral eye infection, corneal abrasions. Having dull headache with pain 9 minutes later
Can u please let me know why i get ths kind ofpain...should i check for spondilosis or is the pain because of past eye infection.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you for getting back

Detailed Answer:
1. The facial pain, temple pain and headache could be related to recent eye infection, and I expect it to go away in the next two-three weeks.

2. Neck discomforts could be related to mild cervical spondylosis.

You can start doing neck extension exercises under the guidance of a physiotherapist for neck pain relief and long term improvement.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Had a viral eye infection, corneal abrasions. Having dull headache with pain 13 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor for your prompt response . Why did i get this headache when my eye infection had subsided..should i consult an opthamoligist ..could it mean tht my infection is still active??

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you for getting back

Detailed Answer:
No, the infection has most likely subsided. This kind of pain and headache typically is a post-infective syndrome and usually occurs after the infection has subsided. So, there is no need to consult an Ophthalmologist at this point.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)