Had a vertigo. Tool oxetol. Experiencing it again. What is causing it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello sir. 6 years back ...i got unconsciousness 3 was like vertigo.......then i met neurosurgeon....ct scan was normal but EEG showed some error.....he put me on oxetol for 3 years....i did not take it regularly...i mean i missed it several times....but somehow complete my after 6 years i get same type vertigo again....i feel high nausea and like revolving surroundings and then i was on floor....but i was no longer unconscious....wen i seconds i arise....i m unconscious only for period from feeling vertigo and strike to floor....i mean i was not wid my eyes closed for a time....
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Your symptoms are again suggestive of seizures. You need to restart your treatment after consulting your neurosurgeon.
Prolonged unconciousness is not associated with all types of seizures.
This problem needs a medical attention and investigations like CT scan and EEG are entailed. I encourage you to consult a neurologist who can guide you through the tests.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Had a vertigo. Tool oxetol. Experiencing it again. What is causing it? 5 hours later
doctor when i got last time seizures , i got up from very XXXXXXX sleep...may be it happen that ? if it is recurrence then is it in aggravated form or not.? i was not in unconscious for a long time....i was only for short time...and fully conscious about time and place?
can it be other any serious disease?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

Without proper examination and investigations it is difficult to assess the severity of disease. Recurrence can happen in a milder form too and it can gradually progress without proper treatment.

You need to consult a Neurophysician for proper diagnosis.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.