Had a tubal reversal. Was using VFC. Having cramping and yellow discharge. with lower back pain. Pregnant?

Hi. I had a tubal reversal 3 weeks ago. My husband and I was told not to try to get pregnant for three weeks. For birth control we have been using VFC, which I found out after having sex with it that its only 74-93% effective. My period is not due for another 7 days. Starting last week I began cramping and have yellow discharge. Its continuing this week in addition to feeling a fluttery sensation in my uterus and lower back pain. Is this reason to concern for an early pregnancy? I went to my doctor two days ago and she ruled out infection, STD, and also said its to late to be feeling discomfort after surgery. She also warned to use VFC with condoms. She did not do a pregnancy test and now I fear maybe she should have. Help! Any ideas?
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 46 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

If the contraceptive method is not as effective as other methods it is possible that you could conceive and be pregnant.

During pregnancy a hormone called HCG is produced , this is the hormone that is detected in the urine pregnancy tests and in the blood tests. It starts being produced immediately after implantation and most tests can detect it by 8 t0 10 days after conception.
To determine if you are pregnant you can consider buying an early detection kit which are usually available at local pharmacies, they can detect very low levels of HCG and will be able to tell you if you are pregnant.
Alternatively you can have a blood HCG level done by your doctor.

If the tests is positive and the fetus is implanted in the uterus and there are no tubal problems then everything should be ok.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions