Had a tubal ligation two years ago. Chances of pregnancy?

possible pregnancyI had a tubal ligation two years ago following a c section. Now im a day late and have extreme bloating and discomfort. Any ideas ?
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 46 minutes later

It is very rare for one to get pregnant after getting the tubal ligation done. Ligation done during C-section is most of times successful with very less future failures due to the good accessibility of the tube during the section.

A day late from the expected date of period cannot be considered a sign of pregnancy. The delay and other associated symptoms could be due to simple imbalance in the hormonal levels. This would not cause any problems or complications in future. I expect your periods to start very soon.

If your period is late by more than a week, then you can get the pregnancy test using home pregnancy kit available at your nearest chemist. Very rarely complication like tubal recanalization can lead to unwanted ectopic pregnancy. The results of the pregnancy test are reliable in ruling out such unwanted pregnancy.

Hope I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns.