Had a tubal done followed by heavy periods. Now not having any signs of periods. Is it tubal pregnancy?

I had a tubal done April 9th 2013 i had a heavy period starting on April 12th for 7days. Now i have not even had any signs of getting many period and its now the end of May. Should i be concerned about a tubal pregnancy? ?!!
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 14 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

1. Was the tubal done laparoscopically?
2. Have your cycles ever been irregular before?
3. Have you checked a pregnancy test?

Thank you.
Follow-up: Had a tubal done followed by heavy periods. Now not having any signs of periods. Is it tubal pregnancy? 3 minutes later
Yes it was a laparoscopically.. periods normal.b4 surgery and no did not do preg test
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Thank you for the clarification.

Tubal ligations are very effective procedures and the chance of pregnancy is extremely rare. Nonetheless, we have all experienced cases where the patient was extremely early in a pregnancy (and the pregnancy test at the time of the surgery or procedure was negative) only to find out later that they were, in fact, pregnant at the time of the procedure.

While this is extremely unlikely, you need to check a pregnancy test. The chance of a tubal pregnancy is far less likely than a pregnancy in your uterus.

If the pregnancy test is negative, then you are not pregnant. If you are not pregnant, then the most likely explanation is that you did not ovulate during the month of May, thus causing a significant delay in your cycle. If this is the case, you can talk with your OB about using progesterone to 'induce' a period.

I hope that this helps and good luck!