Had a traumatic pregnancy and birth with lots of complications. Having vaginal discharge and irregular period

Question
I gave birth 12 months ago. Had a traumatic pregnancy and birth with lots of complications. I am now suffering from some sort of vaginal discharge that smells absolutely horrid. Have had it for about 4 weeks now. 2 days before my period I had a light pink discharge (the same colour as when my waters broke). Period is very irregular and am suffering with severe pain with this period which I have never had before. While pregnant, I suffered badly with fluid build up and put on over 40kgs. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can't lose weight and still look 8 months pregnant. What could be going on???
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Child Birth

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 26 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

let me answer your query one by one.

1. I am now suffering from some sort of vaginal discharge that smells absolutely horrid. Your symptoms suggest you are suffering from vaginal infection.
I suggest you to get a vaginal swab test done.
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.

2. Period is very irregular and am suffering with severe pain with this period which I have never had before. I suggest you to take mefenamic acid(mephthal plus) for pain.

3. , I can't lose weight and still look 8 months pregnant. You need to start with post partum exercises. Abdominal abs are the best. Cardio for 2 hours a day.
Eat healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables.
Avoid sweets and fried food.
Drink atleast 3-4 litres of water per day.

I suggest you to consult your Gynecologist for complete physical examination and relevant investigations to rule out secondary causes of irregular periods.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for further clarifications.
regards,
Dr Nilofer