Had a tramflap done, since then lots of gurgling in stomach, feels blowed. Reasons ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have had a tramflap done a year ago have bulge my dr says my stomach lining is weak they don't know if they could help me it is uncomfortable ever since the surgery lots of kurgling in stomach hard and looks blowded
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The flap retains its firm appearance if the intrinsic tone of the musculature is good. But this is a matter of individual variation. If it happens to be weak, a hernia like problem develops - as perhaps in your case.

Any surgical intervention could compromise the previous purpose of the surgery.

Again the diabetic state may also cause healing problems.

In view of all these factors analytical approach to refashioning of the flap needs to be adopted taking into consideration all the anticipated risks and complications including failure. If the fall outs of a resurgery outweigh the benefits it would be advisable to accept the morbidity rather than having more problems.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need more information pertaining to this problem.

With regards