Had a tampered supplement. Will it cause any harmful effects?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I bought a supplement and there was shrink wrap on it, but no inner seal. I looked under the cap and there was nothing. It did not have any signs on the bottle saying do not use if inner seal in missing, so I assume that it did not have an inner seal. I took it for a month. When I bought a new one it had shrink wrap and an inner seal. Does this mean the first one was tampered with? Should I be worried the first one was tampered with? Why would the first one I took not have an inner sale and the second one a bought have one? I'm really worried I consumed something that tampered with.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to have damaged your health. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. I understand your concerns regarding the safety of the supplement you first took. However, if you have felt OK and do not have any symptoms of ill health then you do not need to worry. I think it would be unlikely that you could find out why there was no seal. The best you could do to avoid further concerns about the integrity of the supplements would be to ensure you buy then from a reputable seller. I hope this has reassured you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA