Had a stroke and taking Warfarin and Xarel. Sweating excessively. What should I do?

Yes, I have a friend who is 86 years old and who had a stroke last January. Since then she has been on Warfarin and has been put on Xarel. she is having severe sweats at night and I observed yesterday that her whole body was totally sweating and she could not explain what was happening to her. I suggested she call her heart doctor who prescribed this new medication. She seems to think it doesn't matter if she waits a couple of days since this has been going on for several weeks. Help, what should I do I am her medical POA.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Ask your friend to consult doctor at the earliest Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for your query. From the details provided, I understand that your friend is a known case of hypertension, heart disease with atrial fibrillation, and had a stroke in January. * Warfarin or Xarel are not known to produce sweating. * Profuse sweating daily at night in an elderly patient with several diseases, can be due to either an infection somewhere in the body (?Urinary infection, Lungs or abdomen); silent myocardial ischaemic attacks; or episodic atrial fibrillations. * It can also be due to infected vegetations in the heart cavities (in view of she being an old case of atrial fibrillation). * As such, the symptoms of frank infections may be muted in elderly patients. * I wish you had given as much information as possible, even the trivial one which you felt may not be of any relevance. In the absence of required details, I cannot pinpoint the cause. Please ensure that your friend consults her treating doctor at the EARLIEST. he would know what investigations are required to be carried out and will prescribe appropriate treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. if there are further clarifications, I would be happy to answer. Regards, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal