Had a stroke and prescribed with statin drug. Should I take some form of glucosamine?

My mother had a stroke this summer and now in assisted living. The doctor has her on a Statin drug. I believe she should also be taking Co Q-10. I am in the process of getting a message to him. I also think she shoud be taking Zink, Leutin, and some form of Glucosamine. What do you think?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please do discuss with her doctor before initiating. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX I understand and appreciate your concern. I do agree with your decision to include Co Q10, Zinc, Leutin, in addition to these I would also include Resveratrol, Vitamin E. Before you go further, I would however advice you to kindly confirm with your mother's treating neurologist. Avoid glucosamine derivatives as they may precipitate kidney damage. Please do write back to me if you need further assistance else you may close the discussion. Wishing you and your mother all the very best. Warm regards, PS., You may consider rating and reviewing my answer if you found it useful.