Had a stroke and paralysis. BP was out of control and muscle twitching behind left eye. Will I recover?

I am here because I'm not getting answers, I have not just my arm, but leg, it started with head ach on the left side, ended up in the hospital over 2 years ago what appeared to be a stroke, with paralisis of the right leg and arm. This was getting better, I was back to driving and just about every thng back to almost normal except for just a little bit of swelling remained, a few dizzy spells occasionally (or as I called them my mni seizures), and exteream fatige when tried to go grocery shopping or events. Just recently again same thing hit me again, started with a headache and then I felt as if my bloodpressure was out of controll, got to urgent care, walked in on my own, talking, told them thought my blood pressure was up, sat waiting room, while waiting, I looked at husband and said I can't keep right eye open, he stated it looked swollen (same as last time) , well by the time they got me back there they called 911 code white my husband said because they said i had lost all feeling on right side, didn't know who I was or where i was. They can't find with MRI or CAT a stroke, all though it appears to be one. So now I'm in thearphy to regain my strength to drive again and start all over again. In the mean time, they have ran every blood test, every scan and no answers. Every Dr is puzzled. I'm fighting to get my life back and scared to death this is going to happen again and no ONE knows why. So I'm researching. Oh and today, I had a seizure, it was different than the ones I had in the past, the ones before were just little muscle twitches behind my left eye and then the dizzy spell, today was my back siezed up, burned and then the burning sinsation went to my arms and legs on both sides on my body, never , never, never has it effected both sides. I called both Dr's (my Nuro & General) and have not got a call back, just so they knew I had a bad seizure this morning. and it was differnt than all the other ones in the past. Please I'm just reaching out, because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and scared of this happening again and if it happens again, will I recover next time. Thanks XXXX
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Post seizure effects Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I understand the events that you were describing and seen many such patients suffering in my day to day practice. You described it to be a seizure which is not typical. I could think of post ictal effects that means the paralysis like weakness on one part of the body after a seizure. It can be recurrent. Was an EEG done? Were some sleep studies done? Are you on any medications? It requires a comprehensive evaluation and therapy planned by set of physicians which include Neurologist, Physical and Rehab specialist and Emergency medicine physician. I suggest an evaluation at a reputed centre in your area where all the above facilities are available. The events can be repetitive. If a diagnosis is not made a trial of antiepileptics with Gabapentin with low dose can be attempted. My suggestions is not to drive and do not go shopping alone.