Had a stroke and got dry heaves. Taking medication. Should I be concerned?

My husband had a stroke last Wed. Sent him home with a Blood sugar of 27. I took him back Sat. Creatin was 309
BS 27. They gave him 3 Ivs to flush and sent him home BS now 11 but he had dry heaves today. Any cause for alarm?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The blood sugar now is Ok. But it should be worthwhile actually following his normal prescription and doing a keen monitoring of his blood sugar.
I suppose he is taking his daily doses of low dose Aspirin. With present Blood Sugar level, I do not think there is any cause for alarm, its ok.
Monitoring his blood creatinine maybe every two weeks for this first month could be a good idea. Encourage him to be compliant to his drugs, diet and life style recommended modifications.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.