Had a stroke and bypass injury. Will it affect insensitivity in hand?.

Hi, my father lost feeling in his left hand.. He had a stroke and a bio-pass surgery before..What should we do at this point?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Sudden loss of feeling in the left hand can happen due to a nerve compression or a minor stroke.
However there are different factors to be considered while commenting on the cause of this problem.
Since I do not have all the details and a privilege to examine you my assessment is severely limited.
I would advise you to consult your neurologist. He would be the best person to guide further diagnostic workup and treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.