Had a stent put recently. Is it safe to take flight?

Want to fly home 5 hour flight had a stent put in 12 days ago stable can I go
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
2 weeks after procedure; in stable condition

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

This is a very good question sir and I am glad you are being thorough and careful about your health. Air travel is recommended only 2 weeks (i.e. 14 days) after a major heart condition or stent placement; but only after a thorough evaluation which reports a stable condition. So, I would urge you to re-visit your doctor and get yourself elaborately evaluated; and once your doctor gives the go, you may travel safely; and on reaching your destination, you can report to your family doctor there for another evaluation.

I hope this information helps, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications; I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.