Had a stent put in aorta with a catheter through groin area. Is it safe to put polysporin on the puncture wound?

I had a stent put in my aorta with a catheter through my groin. Is it ok to put Polysporin on the puncture wound? Or should I just let it breathe? The hole is about the size of a dime.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

In the absence of infection (which is most likely in such situations), the wound will heal by itself.
No antibiotic is needed. Just keep it clean - take care to avoid contamination.

Polysporin will not seal the wound - it 'breathes’ even if applied. No harm will ensue.

Hope this answers your query.

Good luck