Had a stent implant in heart. On lvalo, plavix and beta blocker. Drinking harmful?

I am on livalo (a statin), plavix, and a beta blocker (toprol). I am taking these mess because of a stent implant 6 months back in my heart. Bloodworm at 3 months was perfect. But since then I've started drinking again, maybe 3-4 beers a week, mainly 1-2 on Fridays and Saturdays? Am I hurting my health?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 6 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Alcohol is injurious to health irrespective of your other illness.

Alcohol injures all organs of the body including liver, pancreas, heart, testis and the intestinal integrity. All types of alcohol are injurious at a concentration of more than 20g/day. But with people with pre-existing liver disease and in people taking medicines which can injure the liver (like the statin in your case) even this dose may injure your liver.

Hence try and avoid alcohol.

Hope this answers your queries. Please accept my answer if you do not have further queries.