Had a sore and cut on the roof of mouth. Any cure?

I had a sore or cut on the roof of my mouth for about a week. and now it looks bruised around the sore.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 2 hours later

I would like you to that a thin lining covers the roof of our mouth and even a slight amount of trauma from biting on a hard object, burns from hot drinks, smoking or dietary deficiencies can cause sores/ulcer. Usually, it takes 7-10 days for a cut /sore to heal completely.

I would like to know if it is painful and whether you have experienced any changes in its size.

Usually, the color changes are seen as a part of normal healing process, but in order to make sure, I advise you to see a dentist for a thorough dental check-up.

I hope I answered your query,
If you have any follow-up questions for me, kindly post them here.
I wish you good health.