Had a quartazone injection, unable to sleep. Side effect?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I had a quartazone injection today. I am unable to sleep tonight, Is this a side effect from the injection. Injection was in my knee
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common side effect known as cortisone flare.

Detailed Answer:

It seems your pain get worse after the injection into knee. That might be the cause that you are unable to sleep. This is the most common side effect known as cortisone flare. It can cause a brief period of pain worse than before the shot.
Do not worry,this usually lasts a day or two and is best treated by icing the injected area.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.